Understanding 1031 Exchange Rules
The real estate industry is fast-paced, and it’s changing at an ever-increasing rate. The 1031 Exchange rules have evolved recently – are you up to speed and ready to help your clients navigate the 1031 Exchange process?
North Shore Title is pleased to announce our FREE 1031 Exchange Refresher Course, presented by Joe Vesey from First American. This powerful process allows investors to maximize their assets, so we can continue to drive growth in our region. Course attendees will earn 1.0 hour for Real Estate Continuing Education (CE).
Registration deadline is May 20, 2019Download Flyer
Registration has closed. Stay tuned for upcoming Continuing Education courses.
- 1031 exchange overview – what you need to know now!
- How to identify potential 1031 exchange opportunities
- Get your sellers off the fence
- Reverse – Improvement exchange strategies for today’s market
Wednesday | May 29, 2019
Northland Country | Club Grand Ballroom
3901 E Superior Street
Duluth, MN 55804
Light refreshments and food will be served.
About the Presenter:
Business Development Manager
First American Exchange Company
After taking this course, the participants will have a basic understanding of a 1031 exchange including:
- Brief history of tax deferred exchanges
- The role of a Qualified Intermediary in the exchange process
- Why taxpayers utilize a 1031 exchange in their transactions
- Important requirements, regulations and timelines involved in a 1031 exchange
- Qualifications for a fully deferred exchange
- Understand “boot” in a 1031 exchange
- Basic knowledge of reverse and improvement exchanges
This course has been approved by the Minnesota Commissioner of Commerce for 1.0 hour for Real Estate continuing education.